freetds - Re: [freetds] What's new list in FreeTDS 0.91 and 0.92

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] What's new list in FreeTDS 0.91 and 0.92
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 13:49:12 +0200

2011/5/9 Raymond R Rankins <rrr03 AT health.state.ny.us>:

> I too would like to know if the latest versions support the DATE, TIME and
> DATETIME2 datatypes.
>
> I have a need to use freebcp to import and export data from SQL Server on a
> Solaris box.
> Exporting of DATE columns seems to work fine, but when importing into a
> DATE column, I'm getting the "Msg 20049, Level 4 Data conversion resulted
> in overflow" error.
>
> -Ray

Simply not supported, protocol 7.3 is not supported so you have to use
protocol 7.2 which convert to DATETIME.

Currently 0.91 (which is in RC state) and 0.92 (which is developing)
are very similar. I don't have any plan, I don't know if James have
any plan either. I have some set of patches but currently no plan.

Frediano