freetds - Re: [freetds] How do I test connectivity?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Scott Baker <bakers AT canbytel.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] How do I test connectivity?
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 09:20:08 -0800

On 01/10/2011 09:30 PM, James Kirsop wrote:

You may need to run the following command from your CLI (changing the
path to your freedts.conf file if appropriate).
export FREETDSCONF=/etc/freetds.conf

You should be able to add this to /etc/profile and have it load every
time you login.

That fixed the error I was having above - hope it helps you.

Still having problems with PHP - but I'll post about that later.

Maybe this is a stupid question, but how do I run a SQL query with tsql? I'm able to get a tsql prompt, so I'm assuming it's working? I want to run a simple query with it, is that possible?

SELECT * FROM Customers;

I'm used to the mysql client letting me run commands and even script some basic things to create .csv files. Is tsql not the tool for that?

--
Scott Baker - Canby Telcom
System Administrator - RHCE - 503.266.8253