freetds - Re: [freetds] FreeTDS on Debian: connect to MSSQL with ODBC fails

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FreeTDS on Debian: connect to MSSQL with ODBC fails
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 21:39:57 -0500

Peter C. Norton wrote:

> though it looks like osql is using strings on the isql binary instead
> of something more sensbile like ldd, objdump -x, etc. So this could
> get more complex.

The current version of osql does indeed parse ldd output if strings(1)
fails to find any candidates. I'm interested in improving the script to
deal with any environments to which I don't have access. It's a sort of
on-going experiment in whether or not a simple bourne shell script can
identify all odbc configuration problems.