freetds - Re: [freetds] Building libtdsS.so on Mac OS X

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Building libtdsS.so on Mac OS X
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 14:58:36 +0200

2010/10/14 James K. Lowden <jklowden AT freetds.org>

> A Jesse Jiryu Davis wrote:
> > Executing a particular SELECT
> > statement throws this:
> >
> >                Error: ('IM001', '[IM001] [unixODBC][Driver
> > Manager]Driver does not
> > support this function (0) (SQLColAttribute)')
> >
> > ... so I thought I'd try the latest version of FreeTDS.  I downloaded
> > the source and tried various ./configure options, and no matter what I
> > do no libtdsS.so is generated by 'make'.  I've also tried substituting
> > libtdsodbc.0.so for libtdsS.so, like so:
> >
> > [SQL Server]
> > Description = FreeTDS Driver
> > Driver=/usr/local/lib/libtdsodbc.0.so
> > Setup=/usr/local/lib/libtdsodbc.0.so
>
> I don't know what this Setup line does.  Is it really needed?
>
> > So it looks like I really need libtdsS.so.
>
> I don't think so.  libtds is no longer a shared object; it's a static
> library incorporated in each client library.

I think you are confusing libtdsS with libtds :)
I don't know what's this mysterious libtdsS but I noted in many guide
on internet this file. I think somebody years ago wrote a
configuration library for unixODBC called libtdsS. But we (I don't
remember the original author) wrote directly in FreeTDS the
configuration part so libtdsodbc is file for Setup entry too.

> $ otool -L /usr/local/lib/libtdsodbc.so
> /usr/local/lib/libtdsodbc.so:
>        /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current
> version 88.1.11)
>
> It looks to me like you have an error in your odbc.ini or maybe
> odbcinst.ini.
>

> > Error: ('IM001', '[IM001] [unixODBC][Driver
> > Manager]Driver does not
> > support this function (0) (SQLColAttribute)')
>
> You might try TDSDUMP to see if you get more information.

Mmmm... perhaps nm is your friend here... does library (libtdsodbc)
export SQLColAttribute ?