freetds - Re: [freetds] IPv6 patch

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Peter Deacon <peterd AT iea-software.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] IPv6 patch
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 09:36:38 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010, Frediano Ziglio wrote:

2010/10/11 Peter Deacon <peterd AT iea-software.com>

Good. It seems your patch support multiple IP addresses too. I don't
understand why you move code for port.

Hi Freddy,

Was originally trying to get the port labels resolved before doing the name lookup so the addrinfo structure would not need to be patched later.

This would have kept from having to use any IPv6 specific structures.. Eventually realized it wouldn't work. The order can be switched back.

Also you remove timeout code connecting to the server.

Sorry, noticed the timeout was sequenced after connect and didn't realize it was doing an NB select for connection completion later :(

I'll send a patch for v6 dynamic ports with a different patch I'm working on soon.

regards,
Peter