freetds - Re: [freetds] An *old* issue I need some help with

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: jklowden AT schemamania.org
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] An *old* issue I need some help with
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 13:46:06 -0400

On Tue, Oct 05, 2010 at 04:52:49PM +0100, Thompson, Bill D (London) wrote:
> Hey James,
>
> > Looks like your complicated proc is selecting a nullable FLOAT
> somewhere.
>
> I'm pretty sure not...I have an accompanying SQL Profiler trace which
> I've been through with a fine tooth comb.

I tested it on 2000 and 2005 and didn't get the D1 token, but that's not to
say there's not an option that would generate one. I still think it's a
SELECT statement or an explicit OUTPUT. I know, even though you've looked.

> I think something this is more likely....a number of posts seem to point
> to something funny going on - for example:

Nah. Those questions are all from people confused by how client libraries
treat severity 16 messages from the server. It seems 2008 uses severity 16
for msg 3604; my servers and yours show severity 0:

(If it were up to me, IGNORE_DUP_KEY would be a syntax error.)

The only thing you have in commmon with them is -- begging your pardon, sir!
-- bad design. If I were you, in your big office with your comfy couch, I'd
have the secretary fetch me some coffee and use the time to impose a proper
key and write a proper query! Gets the right answer and beats snooping with
a profiler any day.

But, of course, if you can't do that and you do manage to shed some light in
this dark corner, I'd be very interested to hear what you discover.

Sorry not to be more helpful. Perhaps someone else knows....

Regards,