freetds - [freetds] Sybase Univarchars

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brad Wery <bradwery AT gmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Sybase Univarchars
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 11:42:12 -0500

Hello,

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I'm trying to
use the ODBC driver that comes with FreeTDS.

Some parts of my application isn't designed to work with Binary data types.
Although, it should be able to handle Sybases Unichar and Univarchar data
types. I notice that these types are returned as binary types. What part of
FreeTDS can I change so that the columns type comes back as SQL_LONGVARCHAR
or SQL_VARCHAR. I'm thinking that the best place would be when the data is
read from the database but I seem to be having trouble tracking down where
this is.

I'm using this API in a PowerBuilder application. I'm not much of a C++
developer so I can't really make a test harness. This makes it more
difficult for me to step into the code.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Brad

  • [freetds] Sybase Univarchars, Brad Wery, 06/19/2010