freetds - Re: [freetds] Fwd: connect to SQL server 2005

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Robert Gonzalez <robert AT robert-gonzalez.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Fwd: connect to SQL server 2005
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 12:30:19 -0700

Do you have access/privilege to install software on your server? I only ask
that because it is way easier to use the native mssql functions for talking
to SQL server than it appears to be using ODBC functions. I have never used
ODBC to talk to any data source, so I'm sorry that I can't help you with
that. But I have been using PHP to talk to Sybase, SQL Server, MySQL and
Active Directory for quite some time and I know that the native functions
seem to do pretty well even on Linux/Unix when you can compile your own
extensions.

And definitely make sure your web server has the necessary environment vars
set up. When you do, make sure to restart your web server so that it catches
your changes.