freetds - [freetds] Problems with encryption

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Plot Lost <plot.lost AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Problems with encryption
  • Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 16:06:33 +0400

Having problems creating an encrypted connection from FreeTDS to SQL Server.

The pre-login message is sent and the response seems to indicate correctly
that encyption is required. The login message is then sent but no response
is ever recieved.

The problem I have is that I don't know enough about either end to work out
where the issue might be, for example it may be that I've got something
wrong in the setup for SQL server (don't have a specific SSL cert for this,
but the docs seem to imply that an auto generated cert would be used - see
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms189067.aspx - part of point 5 in
'To configure SSL')

What I'm really after here is does anyone have any working SQL server
config/setup details and the same for FreeTDS (using OpenSSL) that I can
look at and try to figure out where I am going wrong.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

  • [freetds] Problems with encryption, Plot Lost, 05/08/2010