freetds - [freetds] Enabling the Dump File option

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Luis de Vasconcelos" <luisdv AT icon.co.za>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Enabling the Dump File option
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 19:16:58 +0200

I’ve tried to turn on the FreeTDS Dump File option on my Windows box by
adding dump file = c:\FreeTDS.log to my freetds.conf file and then restarting
the web server. However no log file gets created when I access the website
that is using FreeTDS to connect to MSSQL 2005.

I’ve used the Dump File option before and it has worked, so I must be doing
something dumb!

Is adding the 'dump file =' option to my freetds.conf file and restarting the
web server the only steps that are required to enable FreeTDS logging?

I'm connecting to a MSSQL 2005 database on a Windows Server 2003 box.

My freetds.conf file contains:

[global]
host = 123.456.78.90
port = 1433
client charset = UTF-8
tds version = 8.0
text size = 20971520
dump file = c:\FreeTDS.log

Thanks.

  • [freetds] Enabling the Dump File option, Luis de Vasconcelos, 05/03/2010