freetds - [freetds] SQL Server version and TDS Version

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Vinh Nguyen <vinhdizzo AT gmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] SQL Server version and TDS Version
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 11:01:51 -0700

Hi,

I am running FreeTDS on my Mac OS X connecting to Microsoft SQL Server
2005, so version 9 of MS SQL. In order for "tsql" to work, I have to
set the TDS version to be 4.2. However, according to the
documentations, shouldn't TDS version 7.0 and 8.0 work as well? What
can I do to get these versions to work?

My ultimate goal (for now) is to get freeTDS to work with unixODBC
(isql and osql commands -- ultimately in emacs). However, even though
I can connect to the sql server using tsql, I can't with isql and osql
-- it won't log me in. I have a hunch that this has to do with the
TDS version. If I could get tsql to work at v8.0, then I can test the
isql/osql commands again to see if I can rule this out. I know
unixODBC is recognizing my DSNs. It just can't log in.

Please let me know of your suggestions. I couldn't find an answer googling.

Thanks!
Vinh