freetds - [freetds] DBD::Sybase doesn't return number of rows affected

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Srdan Dukic <srdan.dukic AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] DBD::Sybase doesn't return number of rows affected
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 20:31:31 +1200

Hi,

I've got a simple perl program which works with a MSSQL database and I am
using the DBD::Sybase module with the FreeTDS driver to access the database.

However, I find that the following code doesn't return the number of rows
affected correctly:

$insert = "Lorem Ipsum";
$query = "INSERT INTO Simple.dbo.test (text) VALUES('$insert')";
$sth = $dbh->prepare ($query) or die 'prepare failed\n';
$sth->execute() or die "unable to execute query $query error $DBI::errstr";

$rows = $sth->rows ;
print "$rows rows returned by query\n";

But actually produces this output:

-1 rows returned by query

This is strange because I can see in the database that the row is definitely
inserted.

If this is a bug, should I report it under FreeTDS or DBD::Sybase?

Thank you
--
Srđan Đukić