freetds - Re: [freetds] FW: FISQL tool truncated the result set

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: jklowden AT schemamania.org
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FW: FISQL tool truncated the result set
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 13:49:43 -0400

On Thu, Apr 08, 2010 at 01:52:35PM -0500, Sheshabhattar, Sharda wrote:

> Just to confirm that this does not happen when using bsqldb.

Thanks for the confirmation. That means it's a bug in the application, not
the library.

> When will this bug be fixed?

When it matters enough to someone with the time and the skill to fix it.

FreeTDS needs more contributors. Frediano and I both find our lives quite
full, which is good for us but not so great for the project. Frediano's
first commit was eight years ago tomorrow, Tuesday Apr 9, 2002. (Happy
anniversary, Freddy!) He and I both made contributions before that. Ten
years is a good run, and it's been fun. It still is, but if significant
progress is going to be made -- especially for new versions of the server --
it will be because of new contributors.

A bug like this is a great place to start for someone who knows some C and
wants to learn more about db-lib programming. It's all about using the API,
not creating it, and the whole application codebase is under 1200 lines.