freetds - [freetds] SQL_ATTR_TRACE option doesn't work

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: mgrosman AT pathcom.com
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] SQL_ATTR_TRACE option doesn't work
  • Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 18:10:23 -0400

Hi,
I'm calling this API:
::SQLSetConnectAttr(
hdbc,
SQL_ATTR_TRACE,
(SQLPOINTER)sitrace,
0 );

where sitrace is one of SQL_OPT_TRACE_ON or SQL_OPT_TRACE_OFF

and get this error back:

HY092, Native error: 0, Msg: [FreeTDS][SQL Server]Invalid option;

I checked the source code in odbc.c and found that unless TDS_NO_DM is defined the driver doesn't understand this option.
Is it safe if I remove the corresponding #ifdef TDS_NO_DM and recompile the FreeTDS ODBC driver?

Thanks,
Mike