freetds - Re: [freetds] FreeTDS & Sybase SQL Anywhere 11

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FreeTDS & Sybase SQL Anywhere 11
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 21:43:30 -0500

Michal Seliga wrote:

> > Thanks. However packet is sent as expected but problem is the same :(
> > At this point I would try with a network capture and a client
> > (probably official one) that do not exibit same problem.
>
> if i use official odbc library then it doesn't happen. (but official
> library has its own problems with unicode, so i would prefer to use
> freetds when possible)
>
> and about network capturing, if you can send me what exactly you want me
> to try i can do it

Michal,

Well, you've got our attention, old man. Be careful what you wish for!

To fix the error you reported, we need to see a successful disconnect
using (presumably) the vendor's library. Then we can seek to emulate it.
It would also be helpful to see the freetds version, but that's less
important at this stage.

Use a command like this:

$ tcpdump -i interface -w filename -s0 host servername

You pick your values for interface, filename, and servername.

You can use something like this to verify the file at least seems to
contain the right data:

$ tcpdump -r filename -s0 -xX

The resulting file will contain all the packets including your login
information. Do not post it to the list; send it to our private
addresses. If it's not exactly what we need, don't worry. We'll tell
you.