freetds - [freetds] Oracle 11.2 DG4ODBC and datetime columns

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Mike Blake" <Michael.Blake AT RaymondJames.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Oracle 11.2 DG4ODBC and datetime columns
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 15:49:18 -0500

I've been able to query common data types, including datetime using the
Heterogeneous Services in Oracle 10.2 (HS4ODBC) and FreeTDS. Now
looking at switching to Oracle 11.2 and datetime columns don't work.
Oracle re-wrote their Heterogeneous Services in 11.2 (DG4ODBC) and it
does not like datetime columns through FreeTDS anymore. In the DG4ODBC
log, there is a message saying that datatype 11 ?????? is not supported.
If I use isql (via FreeTDS) to query datetime columns the unixODBC log
says that datetime columns are datatype 111. The same query using
unixODBC and EasySoft says the datetime columns are Timestamp, datatype
93 and the Heterogeneous Services likes those.

Frediano Ziglio was kind enough to send me freetds-0.82.1 (FreeTDS
0.82.1.dev.20091209) in hopes it would cure the problem, but is did not
help.

Has anybody had any luck using FreeTDS with unixODBC and Oracle 11.2
DG4ODBC on RedHat 4 (64-bit)?

Michael Blake

Senior Database Administrator

Raymond James