freetds - [freetds] Datetime field issue

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Mike Blake" <Michael.Blake AT RaymondJames.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Datetime field issue
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 11:40:47 -0500

Working on a migration from Oracle 10.2 on Windows to Oracle 11.2 on
Linux. There are processes that use ODBC to get data from SQL Server.
I have created an 11.2 database on a test Linux box and configured
unixODBC, FreeTDS, and the Oracle Gateway for ODBC. When I try to query
a table with a DATETIME column it comes back with an ORA-00904 that the
column does not exist. Looking at the gateway log, the DATETIME columns
are showing up as a dtype:11 which is not mapping to any data type. The
other data types are mapping OK. Oracle support says that the ODBC
driver (FreeTDS) is using the ODBC v2 standard and that the gateway
requires ODBC v3 which would tag the DATETIME column as dtype:93. Is
Oracle support confused? Is FreeTDS installed wrong on my Linux server?

Mike Blake