freetds - Re: [freetds] FreeTDS: MSSQL2005, SSL, Encryption, TDS v8 does not work

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Mittel, Alexander" <Alexander.Mittel AT siemens.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FreeTDS: MSSQL2005, SSL, Encryption, TDS v8 does not work
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 13:20:11 +0200

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: freetds-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:freetds-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org] Im Auftrag von Frediano Ziglio
Gesendet: Freitag, 14. August 2009 16:00
> *** UPDATE (see >>>>> update) ***
>
> Hi,
>
> thanks for help!
> With ALL Your hints/suggestions now I could establish a encrypted
> connection!
> First installing all needed libs for gnutls and gnutls itself, then
> ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/freetds --with-gnutls --with-tdsver=8.0
> --enable-msdblib
> option "--with-unixodbc" and unixodbc/isql works
>

>>>unixodbc should be detected by configure if unixodbc is installed in
>>>default directories... could you post configure output and config.log
>>>without --with-unixodbc ??

unixodbc was NOT a problem. I only added "update 1)" because Bob Hetzel wrote
that he does not using odbc;
I only wanted to say that odbc is working with encryption.

> sometimes there are errors (freetds/tsql and unixodbc/isql), then
> the connection is still active
> but every next sql-command will be result in one of these errors:
>
> Msg 20004, Level 9, State -1, Server OpenClient, Line -1
> Read from the server failed
>
> Msg 20006, Level 9, State -1, Server OpenClient, Line -1
> Write to the server failed
>

>>>Mmmm.... probably server close the connection. Which queries cause these
>>>problems ??

Last days this problem does not occur anymore.
Must be a configuration error while installing (freetds.conf, PATH,
LD_LIBRARY_PATH, LANG/TERM [ansi<->UTF],...)
Today I can't reproduce the error, even when mis-config some things.

Thank You

Mfg Alexander