freetds - [freetds] Error message on build in Red Hat Ent 64bit

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: RUSSELL DILKS <russelldilks AT btinternet.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Error message on build in Red Hat Ent 64bit
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 19:51:07 +0000 (GMT)

I ma installing freetds on a Red Hat Enterprise 64bit box to talk to MSSQL
I have located the installation of unixodbc and ran the ./configure on
freetds and it all goes through OK with no errors.
BUT I run make and it reuturns the error:

connectparams.c:90: error static declaration of 'SQLGetPrivateProfileString'
follows non-static declaration.
/usr/include/odbcinst.h.170: error previous declaration of
'SQLPrivateProfileString' was here

I spoke to someone who reckons it is probs something to do with the server
being 64bit and the freetds writers would probably have a fix.

This is a bit over my head guys - can anyone help here ???

I have attached ascreen shot of the shell with the error