freetds - Re: [freetds] [unixODBC-support] isql connection hangs

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Nick Gorham <nick AT lurcher.org>
  • To: Support for the unixODBC project <unixodbc-support AT mailman.unixodbc.org>
  • Cc: "freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] [unixODBC-support] isql connection hangs
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 08:11:22 +0100

Goyal, Pravin Shyam wrote:

Guys, I must admit that below happened:

# cat tds.driver.template

Description = My tds - Pravin

Driver = /usr/local/lib/libtdsodbc.so

# find /usr/local -name libtdsodbc.so

/usr/local/lib/libtdsodbc.so

# odbcinst -i -d -f tds.driver.template

odbcinst: iniOpen failed on tds.driver.template.

I created odbcinst.ini file myself under /usr/local/etc. Is this breaking something or is there something wrong with the installation of unixODBC or FreeTDS? I am not sure. Please help.

The fact you get the error with the invalid password shows that unixODBC is loading the driver, so I would guess its a driver issue.

--
Nick