freetds - Re: [freetds] Two Qs, one on Sybase, one on ODBC

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Two Qs, one on Sybase, one on ODBC
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 22:16:33 -0400

http://ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/ALPHA/freetds/stable/README
http://ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/ALPHA/freetds/stable/cspublic.BLK_VERSION_150.patch

> Unable for connect to server [iODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not
> found and no default driver specified. Driver could not be loaded
> (SQL-IM002) at testFreetds.pl line 20.
>
> What kind of driver is it looking for and where do I find it?
>
> The readme says to define these:
>
> DBI_DSN The dbi data source, e.g. 'dbi:ODBC:YOUR_DSN_HERE'
> DBI_USER The username to use to connect to the database
> DBI_PASS The username to use to connect to the database
> ODBCHOME (Unix only) The dir your driver manager is installed in
> or specify this via -o argument to Makefile.PL
>
> I don't have ODBCHOME defined because I have no idea what a driver
> manager is, or whether I have it.

I don't have all this cooking on my Mac, which I use mostly for answering
the mail, but /Library/ODBC seems like it would would be a good guess.
cf. iodbc-config(1).

HTH.