freetds - [freetds] Success in compiling FreeTDS.dll + dblib.dll using Dev-C++/Mingw.. this is how

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Gal Rubinstein <galrub AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Success in compiling FreeTDS.dll + dblib.dll using Dev-C++/Mingw.. this is how
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 11:16:09 +0200

just wanted you all to know that I was able to overcome the noobie challenge
of creating dblib.dll
using Dev-C++, here is how:

1. the FreeTDS comes with a dev-c++ project that uses the
\freetds\win32\FreeTDS.def file for export, but the file is missing more
then a few symbols, such as: tdsdump_log, tds_strlcpy, tds_set_bulk,
vasprintf, etc. so I added them and rebuilded... the only thing that is
bothering is that the are alot of warning on compile time, indicating
redfining of vars...
2. created a new Dev-C++ DLL project, mamed dblib..
3. added to include folders: 'freetds\include' and 'freetds\win32\'/
4. added to library path: 'freetds\win32\dev-cpp'.
5. on c/c++ compiler varibales added definition:
'_FREETDS_LIBRARY_SOURCE' ('-D_FREETDS_LIBRARY_SOURCE).
6. on linker varibale added -lFreeTDS and chaged
'--no-export-all-symbols' to '--export-all-symbols'.
7. builded, got the dll, but again, bothring warning of var getting
redefine.

thats it,
any ideas on these warnings? are the critical?

thanks