freetds - [freetds] Need help with setting up freetds-devel 0.82

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Mohit Vazirani <mohitcv AT yahoo.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Need help with setting up freetds-devel 0.82
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 04:09:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'm using CentOS 5.2 and I'm trying to install freetds 0.82 and freetds-devel
0.82. The version in the default repository is freetds 0.64. I am able to
successfully build the freetds-stable.tgz (0.82), however I wasn't able to
find a link to the freetds-devel source on the official site. I have tried
rpms for other distributions (fedora/opensuse etc), however it always fails
to install freetds-devel because it is unable to find libtdsodbc.so.0.
unixodbc is preinstalled on the machine.

I cannot get around freetds-devel because it is one of the prerequisites of
pymssql. freetds 0.64 and freetds-devel 0.64 worked fine except that they
couldn't handle query timeouts when talking to SQL Server.

Thanks in advance,
~Mohit