freetds - Re: [freetds] Compiling FreeTDS under Windows (howto & question)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Eloy Lafuente <stronk7 AT moodle.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Compiling FreeTDS under Windows (howto & question)
  • Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 17:55:03 +0100

Frediano Ziglio escribió:
Il giorno gio, 26/02/2009 alle 18.59 +0100, Eloy Lafuente ha scritto:
Hi, some time ago I asked in this list about problems compiling freetds under Windows. Recently I was able to do that , so I'd want to share some brief instructions I've written about that. Here they are:

http://docs.moodle.org/en/Development:Compiling_FreeTDS_under_Windows

Also I'd want to comment that, while I've been able to compile FreeTDS 0.82 release, I'm getting some errors compiling both 0.82 + patches and dev versions. I reported that some time ago at

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2209564&group_id=33106&atid=407806

Any solution for that problem would be great in order to be able to compile recent FreeTDS versions under Windows.

TIA & ciao, Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

Opps... sorry, backported from CVS HEAD to 0.82
Expected updated patch tomorrow...

Hi,

I've downloaded 0.82 release and applied post patches (20090227) and have been able to build dblib.lib properly. B-)

Then, I've tried to build the PHP extension (dblib.dll) and have ended with this error:

unresolved external symbol _hmac_md5

To fix that, I've added the hmac_md5.c and hmac_md5.h to the libTDS project sources/includes and, after rebuilding dblib.lib, PHP dll has been created properly.

Just guessing if adding hmac_md5.* to the libTDS project (as I've done) is the correct way to fix the problem and if that should be also in the post patch.

TIA and ciao :-)