freetds - Re: [freetds] make check results/errors

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] make check results/errors
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 15:36:40 +0100

2009/2/6 James K. Lowden <jklowden AT freetds.org>:
> Hi Knut,
>
> I'm very interested in your experience, and I'm happy to get good libtool
> rpath advice. The unit tests for a long time had an RPATH that pointed to
> the installed libraries. As you noted, that wasn't the best solution.
> You came across my current solution, which Works For Me (tm). Better
> would be better, to be sure.
>
>> the ctlib tests all pass.
>
> That might be because there aren't as many.
>
>> make-check-tds.txt:FAIL: convert
>
> $ make convert && ./convert | grep fail
> `convert' is up to date.
> failed (-3) to convert 39 (varchar, 1 bytes) : 36 (uniqueidentifier).
>
> Expected as of now. Previously that pair was not in the matrix.

Fixed. Just commited a fix even for valgrind.

>> make-check.dblib.txt:FAIL: t0001
>> make-check.dblib.txt:sqlexec FAIL: done_handling
>> *Anyone interested in more details?*
>
> Very much so. The unit tests should work every day on all platforms.

done_handling always returned true even on error... anyone fixed it??

> t0001? How odd! What does TDSDUMP say about it?
>
>> Can *I* do something to get better results?
>
> It would seem so. Patches welcome?
>
> I am running CVS HEAD of course. I have a bunch more Win64 patches on the
> way.

quilt James quilt :) I can't actually say I can count development
tools I use for FreeTDS with only my hands... when you think "it's the
last tool" you discover another.... well... just a fast list:

- gcc, binutils
- vim, notepad++
- automake, autoconf, libtool
- perl