freetds - Re: [freetds] Perl DBD::Sybase on Fedora 10

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Perl DBD::Sybase on Fedora 10
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 21:59:30 -0500

Chris Letcher wrote:
> I'm trying to install the perl module DBD::Sybase on a Fedora 10 i686
> system.
> I've done the following successfully:
> # yum install freetds unixODBC
> # export=SYBASE=/usr/
> # perl Makefile.PL
>
> The problem is when i run make, it fails, as posted below. Sorry for the
>
> length. Do i need to apply:
> http://ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/ALPHA/freetds/stable/cspublic.BLK_VERSION_150.patch
>
> ?
> if so, how do I go about that exactly?

Yes, you need to apply that patch.

Find your way to the FreeTDS source directory, such that this command
works:

$ grep '\$Id' include/cspublic.h
static const char rcsid_cspublic_h[] = "$Id: cspublic.h,v 1.61 2008/09/08
17:50:25 jklowden Exp $";

Your ID will be different; it should match what's in the patch: 1.58.

Then "man patch" is your friend. Like it says,

usually just

patch <patchfile

is all you need, as in:

$ patch < /path/to/your/cspublic.BLK_VERSION_150.patch

Then build and install per usual.

If you don't have a FreeTDS source directory because you installed a
binary package, that's OK. The symbols defined in the patch are not used
by FreeTDS; and rebuilding isn't required. You can apply the patch to the
file wherever it's installed. DBD::Sybase should build thereafter.

HTH.