freetds - Re: [freetds] libtdsodbc.so not stripped

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Robert Boehne <robertb AT trdlnk.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] libtdsodbc.so not stripped
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 17:54:58 -0600

In general you can't strip a shared library because strip on many systems, will strip out the relocation information.
If you want to strip out debug info, use the appropriate arguments to strip - it may still report "not stripped" when you're done though.

Sergio Alcolea Guallar wrote:
Hello,
I'm newbie in Linux. I deploy an application to connect to SQL Server 2005. It's developed in C and it use unixODBC and freeTDS on RHEL 5. I tested it with 32-bit rpms (unixODBC and freetds), and worked well. So now I'm using 64-bit unixODBC 2.2.14 and freeTDS 0.82 and it no works (isql and tsql OK but not the application). I think that maybe the problem is due to the library libtdsodbc.so. I compiled all under 64 bits without errors, but when I compiled freeTDS 0.82, the libtdsodbc.so is not stripped.
./configure --with-unixODBC=/usr/local --with-tdsver=7.0
make
make install
(file libtdsodbc.so.0.0.0 shows: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, AMD x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), not stripped).
Could this be a problem? How can I fix this?.

Thank you and sorry for my bad English.