freetds - Re: [freetds] issue with stored proc parameters of type varchar

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: ocfs2 AT asset-control.com
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] issue with stored proc parameters of type varchar
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 13:39:15 +0100

Got this working after a trip with the debugger.
> Passing varchar parameters works unless you're doing something esoteric
> like using UTF-8. It's a good idea to use the latest version of the TDS
> protocol supported by your server.

I am using TDS 5.0 which I believe is the latest version for Sybase ASE
(15.0).
Fact of the matter however is that in the routine _ct_get_server_type() in
ct.c
support is missing for CS_VARCHAR_TYPE...
so I am not sure what makes you think that passing varchar parameters
works.

Tim