freetds - Re: [freetds] some ct_options / ct_diag questions

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] some ct_options / ct_diag questions
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 20:25:46 -0500

ocfs2 AT asset-control.com wrote:
> > The include/tds.h definition of TDS_OPTION looks to be wrong, however.
> Yeah, and especially the options turning off the arithmic
> abort/exception are odd,
> considering the fact that CS_OPT_ARITHABORT/IGNORE are boolean options,
> so they
> are just not needed. Also, there is no CS_OPT_... equivalent for
> TDS_OPT_TRUNCABORT

As I said, I don't know where that list came from. No, it doesn't
correspond to Microsoft db-lib options, either.

> I was able to fix this with your
> helpful directions, but I don't believe it make much sense at this point
>
> to commit

That's fine. Just keep in mind, please, that if you distribute your
binary, you're obliged by the LGPL to make your modified sources equally
available. If your patch is in the main tree, we take care of that for
you. :-)

> > Correct. It's not complicated add, though. See the code in
> > src/dblib/dblib.c::dbsetlname(). Call tds_set_app().
> For this I would need access to a TDSLOGIN *, which you don't seem to
> have from
> a CS_CONTEXT *

CS_CONTEXT is struct _cs_context inside the library. You're right: it
needs a LOGINREC, or something like it.

Not being a ct-lib guy, I've never quite wrapped my mind around contexts
and commands, the delineation of cs and ct routines. But it's clear from
the documentation that a CS_CONTEXT is meant to convey information to
ct_connect. Maybe one of these days....

> I changed the code to use message callbacks and that works fine.

Already working is always good.

> Anyway, thx for the help.

My pleasure.

Regards,