freetds - Re: [freetds] FreeTDS dbwillconvert discrepancy

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Joseph W. Losco" <joe AT sqpuv.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FreeTDS dbwillconvert discrepancy
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 10:14:03 -0500

Success..

I thought that I had to change the DBBOOL to an DBINT, however when I went back and looked at the files that I compiled to get to work, I remembered that it was a fresh extract, other than one change. I did have to add the && !defined(OBJC_BOOL_DEFINED) so that the bool would not be defined twice in a different way in the sybdb.h header file (which I had done before and it still did not work). The only other thing I did was ./configure differently. I think the first time all I did was ./configure and let the defaults do their work. The second time I found some options online that were recommended.

The result was
./configure --with-tdsver=8.0 --enable-msdblib --disable-libiconv -- disable-odbc --disable-apps --disable-server --disable-pool was the configure that let it work with cocoa. I'm not sure what was different from my initial install, but nonetheless it worked :)

Thanks again for your help. And I'm actually relieved that there doesn't need to be a change from DBBOOL to DBINT.

Joseph W. Losco (mailto:joe AT sqpuv.com)
Superior Quartz Products, Inc. www.sqpuv.com
2701 Baglyos Circle, Bethlehem, PA 18020
Phone: (610) 317-3450 Direct Phone: (610) 317-3476
FAX: (610) 317-3451 Direct FAX: (610) 317-3477