freetds - Re: [freetds] ct_connect returns failure

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] ct_connect returns failure
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 00:36:49 -0500

developer loke wrote:
> Hi. This is my first post. I am a novice in freetds programming, and am
> trying to connect to a Microsoft Server 2008. I am able to connect with
> tsql -Svirtual -Usa -Ddatabase -Ppass. I have set the environment
> variable TDSVER=8.0 . I am trying to use the included c code, but the
> return at the last line in the following code is 0. What am I doing
> wrong?

http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1013159
http://www.sybase.com/content/1013159/db2ct.tar

That's a URL for "Sample Programs for the DB-Library to Client-Library
Migration Guide" and the associated ct-lib sample code. Have a look at
ctfirst.c.

I'm more of a db-lib guy myself. It looks to me like you're not setting
up your error & message handlers.

HTH.