freetds - Re: [freetds] FreeTDS for SQL Server 2005

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: jklowden AT schemamania.org
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FreeTDS for SQL Server 2005
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 11:58:27 -0500

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 12:24:25PM -0300, dmarrer AT bci.cl wrote:
> If I upgrade my database to SQL Server 2005, what FreeTDS version I should
> use?
>
> I read about FreeTDS version 9, but in the documentation I can't find any
> reference to it

(You mean TDS version, not FreeTDS version.) Use TDS version 8.0. Thanks
for pointing out that the documentation needs to be updated.

One of these days, I will renumber the TDS versions. Microsoft, to the
extent they acknowledge TDS versions at all, use 7.0, 7.1, and 7.2 to indicate
protocol versions since SQL Server 7.0. Synchronizing with that nomenclature
will reduce confusion: reading both documents will be easier, and people
will be less likely to assume there are significant changes in the protocol
since 7.0.

HTH.