freetds - [freetds] FreeTDS/iODBC DSN with UID and PWD saved...

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Josh Jacob <josh.jacob AT hansoninc.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] FreeTDS/iODBC DSN with UID and PWD saved...
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 11:51:45 -0500

All,

I have an existing application I'm trying to run that is simply expecting a DSN name to connect to a database. I know that UID and PWD in the iODBC DSN don't get used by FreeTDS but don't know if I'm overlooking any other way to store the UID/PWD so the application doesn't need to provide it.

Security concerns aside, is there a way to store the UID/PWD on the filesystem so the user just needs to specify the DSN?

- josh