freetds - [freetds] Connectivity problem from Linux to Sql Server 2000 using FreeTDS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Murugesan, Prasanna Venkatesh" <prasannavenkatesh.murugesan AT etrade.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Connectivity problem from Linux to Sql Server 2000 using FreeTDS
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 04:22:36 -0400

Hi ,

We are trying to connect to SqlServer 2000 from Linux using the
FreeTds , My tds version is

Compile-time settings (established with the "configure" script):
Version: freetds v0.64
MS db-lib source compatibility: no
Sybase binary compatibility: unknown
Thread safety: yes
iconv library: yes
TDS version: 5.0
iODBC: no
unixodbc: no

When i try to connect using "tsql -H10.182.92.68 -p3531 -Uibia_ir
-P[password]" I am getting the following error

locale is "C"
locale charset is "ANSI_X3.4-1968"
Msg 18456, Level 14, State 1, Server , Line 0
Login failed for user 'ibia_ir'.
Msg 20014, Level 9, State 0, Server OpenClient, Line 0
Login incorrect.
There was a problem connecting to the server

I am able to connect to the sqlserver using the same username and
password from "SQL Query Analyser" and I am also able to do connect to
this server from Linux using "telnet"

Please help me to solve this issue.

Thanks,
Prasanna
P.S : I did see the same problem in the list , but the solution does not
suits me