freetds - Re: [freetds] unicode

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Murray, Laura (US)" <Laura.Murray AT am.jll.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] unicode
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 13:11:59 -0500

Hi,
Still troubleshooting the problem with Japanese Characters getting
garbled upon transmission from Oracle db to SQL Server db using freetds
.64 and unixodbc 2.2.12.
My colleauge found this suggestion...what do you think?:

"Please try to change FreeTDS's client char set setting from UTF-8 to
EUCJP-MS as below.

1) add code EUCJP-MS to 'src/tds/encodings.h'.

2) change strings buffer from 256 to 100000 in 'src/tds/write.c'.

3) modify freetds.conf as such: client charset=EUCJP-MS

I implemented 2) and 3) but for 1) did not know where to put the code in
the file. Also, just wanted to know if you approve of this approach, in
general. If so.....after these modifications, do I need to redo the
freetds "make" and "make install"?

Thanks,
Laurie