freetds - Re: [freetds] AIX 5.3 Make problem

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Andrew Russell" <andrewr AT dbu.edu>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] AIX 5.3 Make problem
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 14:48:16 -0500

Andrew Russell wrote:
> /bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link xlc_r -D_THREAD_SAFE -g
> -L/usr/local/easysoft/unixODBC/lib -o bsqlodbc bsqlodbc-bsqlodbc.o
> -lodbc ../replacements/libreplacements.la -lpthreads libtool: link:
> xlc_r -D_THREAD_SAFE -g -o bsqlodbc bsqlodbc-bsqlodbc.o
> -L/usr/local/easysoft/unixODBC/lib -lodbc
> ../replacements/.libs/libreplacements.a -lpthreads ld: 0711-317 ERROR:
> Undefined symbol: .SQLGetDiagField

That seems to mean /usr/local/easysoft/unixODBC/lib/libodbc.* is not
exporting the ODBC functions. I'm not an AIX user and can't tell you
specifically what tool to use to check that. On NetBSD we use nm(1):

$ nm /usr/local/lib/libodbc.so.1 | grep SQLGetDiagField
0001a270 T SQLGetDiagField
0001a234 T SQLGetDiagFieldA
0002dd00 T SQLGetDiagFieldW

and the T means the library provides the function.

HTH.

--jkl
>>> "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org> 7/25/2008 2:27 PM >>>

When I run nm on that file, I get nothing. Where do I go from here?

This e-mail message, including any files and attachments, is intended only
for the recipient(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential,
proprietary and/or personal information. Individual recipients of this e-mail
message are expected to honor the internal and confidential nature of the
e-mail and not forward it via the Internet or by any other means to persons
who are not listed as addressees without proper authorization. If you are
not an intended recipient of this email, do not save, disclose, print,
forward or copy this email, and delete it immediately. Any dissemination or
use of this information by a person other than the intended recipient is
unauthorized and may be a violation of federal and/or state law and
regulations.

If you receive this information in error, please immediately notify Dallas
Baptist University via telephone at 214-333-5500 or via email at
info AT dbu.edu. Dallas Baptist University hereby claims all applicable
privileges related to this information.