freetds - [freetds] FreeTDS "domain" authentication.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Graeme Stewart" <gstewart AT gmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] FreeTDS "domain" authentication.
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 18:31:32 -0700

Hi Folks,

I'm new to the list so I appreciate your patience. I have spent
considerable time on this issue and I'm starting to clutch at straws.
Any guidance would be appreciated. I also know this isn't a Perl
mailing list, but I believe my problem lies between DBI::ODBC and
FreeTDS, hopefully someone may be able to offer some guidance (other
than; go ask on the DBI mailing list :-)

I'm running Ubuntu 2.6.22-14-server, with FreeTDS version 8.2.

I can use the following string and connect no problem:

$ isql -v dsnname domain\\username password

| Connected! |
| |
| sql-statement |
| help [tablename] |
| quit |
| |
SQL>

Using "integrated" domain auth. I then try the same thing in Perl with
the following connection string:

my $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:ODBC:dsnname', 'domain\\username', 'password');

And immediately see:

DBI connect('dsnname','domain\username',...) failed:
[unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Login failed for user ''. The user is
not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection. (SQL-42000)

Any guidance on a way to "force" FreeTDS via DBI to use a domain
authentication style connection?

Enabling mixed authentication mode on the SQL server isn't an option
within this organization.

Any thoughts? If you'd like to see odbc.ini / odbcinst.ini /
freetds.conf files please advise and I'll be happy to post.

Many thanks,

Graeme