freetds - Re: [freetds] DBD::Sybase placeholder support

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Dan Wierenga" <dwierenga AT valueclick.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] DBD::Sybase placeholder support
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 16:58:49 -0700

I've attached the TDSDUMP logs for stored procs that have datetime, int,
float, and varchar output params, as well as my mini-suite of tests. I
ran them against both Sql Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005, with the 0.64
codebase and the 0.82 codebase, for TDS protocol versions 4.2, 7.0, 8.0,
and 9.0.

Since there's a ton of stuff in my attachments I'll give a quick
summary:
- output params are broken for TDS 7.0 and 8.0 in both 0.64 and 0.82
- output params work for TDS 4.2 and 9.0 for the 0.64 codebase
- output params work for TDS 4.2 for the 0.82 codebase
- TDS 9.0 throw connect errors for the 0.82 codebase (ugh.. see the
do_tests.errors file)

> Thanks for your work. Would you be interested in perfecting ct-lib
vs.
> DBD::Sybase, i.e. making all the unit tests pass?

Absolutely, though I'm not exactly sure what needs to be done. I assume
you're talking about the unit tests that come with DBD::Sybase?

One thing I did notice was that in order to get DBD::Sybase to build I
had to add these lines to cspublic.h:

#define BLK_VERSION_120 CS_VERSION_100
#define BLK_VERSION_125 CS_VERSION_100
#define BLK_VERSION_150 CS_VERSION_100

I adapted the advice from posts like this et al.
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/freetds/2008q1/023098.html
I'm not enough of a C programmer to know if that's the "right" place to
fix it, but it got the job done.

-Dan