freetds - Re: [freetds] Issue sending xml to a mssql-2k stored proc using php5 (php4 work s)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Issue sending xml to a mssql-2k stored proc using php5 (php4 work s)
  • Date: Wed, 07 May 2008 07:36:55 +0200

Il giorno mar, 06/05/2008 alle 20.48 -0400, James K. Lowden ha scritto:
> Leonard, Carl wrote:
> > I've got a problem sending a XML parameter to a MSSQL stroed proc using
> > php5 and freetds 0.63.
> > The newer release .64 causes problems
> > with blank text fields so I can't really use that. Should I give one of
> > the release candidates a try? I've been waiting for the actual released
> > version.
>
> I'm not aware of "problems with blank text fields" in 0.64.
>
> Definitely try the 0.82 release candidate. There won't be any significant
> differences between the RC and the final release. It's just a matter of
> me finding the time.

personally I don't like "0.63 works so I use this version". First it
doesn't help solving the php problem second you cannot use 0.63 forever!
We release afters year(s) with many fixes so is better to report any
problem to help you using a newer release. We stopped patching 0.63 so
you won't see many advantage and even security fixes in 0.63! I remember
I wrote a test for empty and blank strings for php and actually is
working so either 0.82 or patched 0.64 should work (see patches at
freetds.sf.net).

James... I personally don't remember any stop-over for releasing...