freetds - Re: [freetds] parameters missing in RC 64 Bits

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] parameters missing in RC 64 Bits
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 14:24:18 -0400

Igor Chudov wrote:

> col_types array ref, which used to work and contained valid type
> numbers, no longer works on 64 bit ubuntu Hardy. Instead of valid
> types, it contains a bunch of zeroes (as many as columns).

Gentlemen,

Your questions are too high-level for me to answer without a great deal of
work. I don't have a 64-bit environment to test on, and don't even know
what function, if any, is alleged to fail.

Do all src/ctlib/unittests work? Many of them rely on column metadata,
and rpc_ct_param.c tests output parameters. If they pass, we at least can
say ct-lib works as expected. Not right, necessasrily, but as expected.

Problems like this are always a matter of the function behaving as the
caller expects. You need to narrow down who the caller is and what it
expects (and whether that's the right expectation). Then we can see if
how the function behaves, and what needs to be changed.

HTH.