freetds - Re: [freetds] FreeTDS w/ unixODBC, PHP and Apache

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FreeTDS w/ unixODBC, PHP and Apache
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 09:57:17 -0400

Nelson Neves Marques wrote:

> I'm using the 0.64 version and it works fine for PHP in the command
> line. However, when I try to run the same file on Apache it doesn't
> connect to the database.

Usually when the command-line version works and the Apache one doesn't,
it's because the daemon lacks permission to read one of the ODBC or
FreeTDS configuration files.

If you turn on logging in FreeTDS, you may see it's not actually trying to
connect to the server, but is instead failing to read freetds.ini
(perhaps) and looking for a server named "SYBASE". Or something like
that.

HTH.