freetds - Re: [freetds] unable to locate libtdsodbc.so

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "pablo caballero" <pdcvgmh AT gmail.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] unable to locate libtdsodbc.so
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 17:42:54 -0200

*Source: http://www.freetds.org/userguide/config.htm#EVERYONE
*

*ODBC Preparation*

If you intend to build the FreeTDS ODBC driver — and want to use a Driver
Manager (DM), as most people do — install the Driver Manager before
configuring FreeTDS. *configure* will detect the the DM and use its header (
.h) files for ODBC constants and such. If your DM is installed in an unusual
directory, you may have to provide the directory name as a parameter to *
configure*.

FreeTDS doesn't *require* a DM. You can build the ODBC driver without one,
as long as you have the requisite header files: sql.h, sqlext.h and
sqltypes.h. These can be taken from either the iODBC or UnixODBC
distributions. Put them wherever you like (e.g., /usr/local/include).
Because FreeTDS won't detect your (missing) DM, it won't automatically build
the ODBC driver, so you'll have to tell *configure* what to do and where to
look. Cf.
--with-odbc-nodm<http://www.freetds.org/userguide/config.htm#WITHODBCNODM>

*ODBC Driver Managers*
--with-iodbc=*DIR* , --with-unixodbc=*DIR*

Specify directory of iODBC or unixODBC support, and use it as the Driver
Manager. As of version 0.62, the ODBC Driver Manager is detected by *
configure*, so use this parameter only if yours is installed in a
nonstandard path. (Requires iODBC or unixODBC to have already been
installed.)