freetds - Re: [freetds] MSSQL SP misses return value

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] MSSQL SP misses return value
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 09:16:57 +0100

> If I donĀ“t include a dummy statement like "select
> 'Result'=1", the driver or
> the application thinks that the stored procedure failed and sends the
> request again. There is a bug pending since 2008-02-14 in the
> SourceForge
> page that I think is related: "MS SQL Stored Procedure has no
> return value".

Probably application (I think asterisk in your case) do not get full results
from store procedure. This cause an invalid state error (so asterisk call sp
a second time) and do not get results (results arrive at the end in the
protocol).

However an ODBC trace is needed to fully understand what's happening.