freetds - Re: [freetds] freetds for AIX

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Evan Rempel <erempel AT uvic.ca>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] freetds for AIX
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 09:22:15 -0800

I build versio 0.64 on AIX with the aix compiler using

LDFLAGS=-Wl,-brtl ./configure --with-unixodbc=/usr/local --enable-shared

make

sudo make install

Gaurav Nangia wrote:
Hi Martin,

Unfortunately I don't have GCC installed on my system and don't have the luxury of getting it installed either. I would be extremely grateful if you could build it for me. The amount of headaches that it has caused me by not having freetds is just incredible.

Thank you once again.

Regards,
Gaurav Nangia
The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation
Management and Network Security
(212) 855 - 2317

Martin Spott <Martin.Spott AT mgras.net> Sent by: freetds-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org
02/14/2008 10:52 AM
Please respond to
FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>

cc

Subject
Re: [freetds] freetds for AIX

Gaurav Nangia wrote:

Sorry I am new to this usergroup, but is there a compiled version of freetds for AIX 5.3? Unfortunately I don't have a C compiler and am not

permitted to put gcc on our production system. Any help would be appreciated.

Ooops, it's been a long time since I used FreeTDS on AIX as I've been replacing my own Sybase database with a different DB ....

I might try to build the current FreeTDS RC on AIX-5.1 using GCC - if I
have a chance to make a connection to one of my client's databases.
If you get a runtime linker error you're probably missing the GCC
runtime library. _If_ I find the time to rebuild FreeTDS, then I'll
remember to link libgcc statically.

Cheers,
Martin.

--