freetds - Re: [freetds] Mdx query from php

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Craig Johannsen" <craigj AT ca.sophos.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Mdx query from php
  • Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 17:30:26 +0000

You could use PHP to access DB2 which can send MDX queries to SQL Server
Analysis Services.
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/ablxhelp/v8r4m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.db2.abx.dev.doc/abx-t-develop-212.html
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/db2/library/techarticle/scott/0614_scott.html
I haven't tried this myself, so don't know how well it will work.

Orlando Erazo Martinez wrote:
Hi everybody.

I made a connection to sql server 2005 with freetds, i don´t have problem
connecting me at database engine. But for a customer requirement I need
connect to Analysis services from php (running in red hat linux), and make
querys connecting me to a cube using MDX languaje. But I don´t know if that
it´s possible. If isn´t then I have to try with .net or another tool, but
first I wanna try with php.

Thank u for your information.

Orlando.