freetds - [freetds] Ongoing work for released version of FreeTDS version 0, 64, 0, 6182

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Dann Corbit" <DCorbit AT connx.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Ongoing work for released version of FreeTDS version 0, 64, 0, 6182
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 14:08:27 -0800

We are making corrections to FreeTDS driver version 64.

We have found some important bugs and fixed them.

Of course, we will contribute back the source so that anyone who wants
to can back-patch the current development version.

It is also possible that some of our changes cannot be used by the
standard version of FreeTDS, so any merge should be examined closely.

We are also implementing extensive testing over a large number of
platforms (there will be hundreds of thousands of tests performed
against the source).

I guess what I am saying is that the FreeTDS group is essentially going
to get free commercial support in a sense (we already have and are going
to continue to expend resources to improve the driver).

Of course we expect also to benefit from continued growth of the FreeTDS
project.

At any rate, attached is a current (development) zip of the odbc source.
I have not carefully examined if we made any changes to other
sub-projects or even what has been changed in this zip, but you can
easily determine it yourself by using diff. We were not able to use the
code without these changes.

We are interested in the current work involving UNICODE.

Is it possible to get a summary about the current state of that work?