freetds - [freetds] Help needed to configure odbc.ini on Solaris server

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Reddy Sathi <savsr AT yahoo.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Help needed to configure odbc.ini on Solaris server
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 12:04:19 -0700 (PDT)

We installed freetds-0.64 on Solaris 9. Installation
and compilation was successful.

Connectivity to SQL Server is good when I used
following command.

tsql -H server -p port -U userid -P password

Later used a database and ran a query and it gave the
correct count. We need to add sqlserver detail in
odbc.ini file so that one more Business Objects
Application Server running on this Solaris server can
communicate through ODBC.

I see following content in freetds website under
odbc.ini.

[JDBC]
Driver = /usr/local/freetds/lib/libtdsodbc.so
Description = Sybase JDBC Server
Trace = No
Server = jdbc.sybase.com
Database = pubs2
Port = 4444
TDS_Version = 5.0

I don't see libtdsodbc.so driver. Is there a new
driver for this? Can some one help me to connect to
SQL Server 2000 using suitable driver which is
available through freetds?

We got one entry in odbc.ini with DataDirect driver.
That entry looks like as below.

cdrqrmuat=DataDirect 5.1 SQLServer Wire Protocol
Driver

[cdrqrmuat]
Driver=/XIBOBJ/DEV/bobje/enterprise115/solaris_sparc/odbc/lib/CRmsss21.so
Description=DataDirect 5.1 SQLServer Wire Protocol
Driver
Address=xx.xx.xx.xxx,yyyy
Database=DB7_UAT12251
QuotedId=Yes