freetds - Re: [freetds] isql failure (tsql works) -- server not found

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Frediano Ziglio" <freddy77 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] isql failure (tsql works) -- server not found
  • Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 13:39:16 +0200

2007/9/1, jtgalyon AT gmail.com <jtgalyon AT gmail.com>:

> Is this related to the other post I entered about not being able to
> build odbc for freetds?
>
> Since I had this problem with the packaged version I had (0.63) I was
> hoping that compiling from cvs might have different results. However, I
> can not build from source as for some strange reason (as the other post
> points out) it can not find the sql.h and other related files of either
> iodbc or unixodbc.

Yes, I though you fixed the problem. DM (either iodbc or unixodbc) require a
driver (provided by FreeTDS) to connect to sql server. Usually there is a
development package (*-dev.*deb for debian and derived or *-devel.*.rpm for
redhat and derived).

You can find the file with

$ find /usr/include -name \*sql.h

(isql.h for iodbc, sql.h for unixodbc). If you find sql.h of unixodbc in
/usr/include you should add a --with-unixodbc=/usr command (well, in case of
this directory configure should find automatically the directory, it's just
an example).