freetds - [freetds] CS_CMD_DONE is returned in error case

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "MATSUMOTO, Tadashi" <pineroot AT yahoo.co.jp>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] CS_CMD_DONE is returned in error case
  • Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 22:41:32 +0900

Hi all,

I executed the following SQL by using the ct_send function.
" exec sp_XXXX "
(But "sp_XXXX" is not registered in DB.)

The SQL was normally transmitted to Server, then "CS_SUCCEED" has returned.
The return value of result_type of the ct_results function is "CS_CMD_DONE"
in case of FreeTDS.
but is "CS_CMD_FAIL" in case of sybase,

I think this is abnormal case, and I think sybase's behavior is correct.
How can I catch this error?

The test environment is as follows.
・SUA on MS WindowsServer 2003 R2
・MS SQLServer 2005