freetds - [freetds] How to make a connection without freetds.conf

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Alexandre Gazola <alexandregazola AT yahoo.com.br>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] How to make a connection without freetds.conf
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 12:56:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I managed to make connections using freetds. My freetds.conf file has the
following servername:

[Entry1]
host = forte
port = 1695
tds version = 7.0

And my connection String is the following:

"FreeTDS;Entry1;my_user;123;MY_DATABASE"

It works perfectly this way. Now, I want to be able to make a connection
without using the freetds.conf file.

I checked the DNS-less section of the user guide on the site, and changed my
connection string to the following:

"DRIVER=FreeTDS;SERVER=forte;UID=teste;PWD=teste;DATABASE=GAZOLA_UNBA_R;TDS_Version=7.0;Port=1695;"

but that DIDN´T WORK.

How can I make a connection, without having to use a freetds.conf file?

Thank you a lot!

Novo Yahoo! Cadê? - Experimente uma nova busca.
http://yahoo.com.br/oqueeuganhocomisso